Saturday, October 31, 2009

Type&Image: Book Cover Design

Here are my cover design explorations for Eckhart Tolle's book, "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" with there different methods of type and image in graphic design.


Separation: Here I decided to use the bottom left part of the image for title and author name since that part of the image was a little bit out of focus and was giving nice area to work. I used bubbles as windows to separate my type from my image. I used Bauhaus Std. font for the title and Arial Narrow for the author name.





Fusion: I used Vanishing Point filter in Photoshop to write the title to create a unity with the image's vanishing points and the title. My fonts are Arial for the title and Arial Narrow for the author name.





Fragmentation: Different approaches in this method are to use irregularities, displacement, interruption and exaggeration in your type and image. And I wouldn't choose none of them when I think about the content of this particular book. But still explored it.


No comments:

Post a Comment